Does Your Outlook Keeps Asking for Password? Try These Fixes
Microsoft Outlook is a highly popular email platform. The email client platform is replete with a user-friendly interface and robust security protocols that ensure secure communication. But upon using it, many people encounter a common issue, whereby Outlook keeps asking for password. Many factors can be behind this problem, like incorrect settings or unstable network connections. If you find that the issue persists no matter what you do, try out the easy solutions given below.
What To Do When Outlook Keeps Asking for Password?There are several fixes that you can implement. Find out what you can do below.
1. Disconnect Microsoft account from Office applicationsIt is the first method you can try. The instructions for it are given below.
- Launch ‘Review.’
- Visit ‘Settings’ and from there choose ‘Accounts.’
- Choose app and email accounts.
- Choose those accounts that you utilize from other applications.
- Upon viewing your email addresses, you should disable them.
- Restart Outlook again.
2. Inspect your credentialsSometimes the prompt for logon credentials remains checked. It can become the reason why Outlook keeps asking for password.
- Launch Outlook and tap on ‘Files.’
- From there, select ‘Account settings.’
- Choose your exchange account.
- Tap on the button of ‘Change’ and then move to ‘More settings.’
- Choose the ‘Security’ tab.
- Uncheck ‘Always prompt for logon credentials.’
- Tap on ‘OK, then restart your Outlook.
3. Reconfigure Outlook connection settingsYou can try this fix if the prior ones have failed to work. Reset the settings as follows.
- In the ‘Control Panel’, tap on ‘Information manager.’
- On the ‘User Accounts’, you will see ‘Login Information Manager.’ Choose it.
- Delete all saved credentials related to Office applications or email addresses of Outlook. You can find it below ‘Windows Credentials’ and ‘General Credentials.’
- Tap on ‘Details’ and choose ‘Delete Storage.’
- Tap ‘Yes’ in the warning box.
- Repeat the steps till you delete every credential related to your email.
4. Configure Outlook Anywhere using NTLM authenticationThe functionality of Outlook Anywhere enables access to Exchange account from the internet remotely. Using NTLM authentication can lower the frequency of password prompts.
- Go to ‘File’, tap on ‘Account Settings.’
- Choose ‘Exchange account.’ Tap ‘change.’
- Tap on ‘More settings’ then visits the ‘Connection’ tab.
- Tap on the ‘Exchange Proxy settings.’ Below ‘Proxy authentication settings, select ‘NTLM Authentication.’
5. Delete cached passwordsIt's another simple way to get rid of the password prompt problem. Go through these steps.
- Close Outlook.
- Tap on ‘Start’ and navigate to the ‘Control Panel.’
- Choose the ‘Credential Manager’ and locate the credential set that is in the name of Outlook.
- Tap on the name to increase the size of the credentials set. Then, tap on ‘Remove from Storage.’
ConclusionThe article describes some of the effective fixes for every Outlook user troubled by Outlook keeps asking for password issues. Have you discovered a suitable solution for yourself? If not, then start using any of the methods and start using your Outlook efficiently again.